देवनागरीलिप्या कथं लेखनीयम्?
Please tell your viewsसम्पाद्यताम्
Add new ideasसम्पाद्यताम्
Do not create too short articlesसम्पाद्यताम्
You are creating articles with 1/2 words, that is too short to be an article. Please create article as stub at least. Thanks! Wikitanvir ०५:१८, १३ जून् २०११ (UTC)
Tanvir, I create the articles i intend to write on before hand and then go about editing one after other. Please don't mind if you see Om at the newly created articles. They will be completed on the same day. Sumana
Invite to WikiConference India 2011सम्पाद्यताम्
Dear Dr. Sumana,
The term विश्वकोशः itself is a handicapped one. I have tried to point out the disadvantages of the term a number of times. At least use the term विज्ञानकोशः. However, I strongly prefer the term सर्वविज्ञानकोशः for the meaning to be complete.
- For instance, consider the term विश्वज्ञानिन्. Two meanings are possible for this term, depending on the occasion it is used - one as 'One who knows about Universe' and the other as 'One who knows all (everything)'. There is always this ambiguity with विश्व-. If we use सर्व-instead, the meaning will always be single. The term सर्वज्ञानिन् generally comes with only one meaning - 'One who knows all (everything)'. Hence I prefer सर्व- to विश्व- here also.
- Consider meaning of the term विश्वनाथः - The most general meaning is 'Lord of the Universe'. Also consider the ध्येयवाक्यम् - 'यत्र-विश्वम्-भवत्येकनीडम्'. A large number of examples can be cited.
- Consider the apt translation of 'University' as विश्वविद्यालयः. Please observe the similarity between two terms 'Universe' and 'University' / विश्वम्- and विश्वविद्यालयः. Here the term विश्- itself come up with the meaning 'all' and translation is self-contained.
- The term विज्ञान् is used as a translation of 'Science' only in Hindi-speaking or in Hindi-affected areas. In Sanskrit,विज्ञान need not be translation of 'Science' always.
- Even we take the meaning of विश्व- only as 'all', then also, the straight translation of विश्वकोशः will come out as "Cell of all" ; विश्व- for 'all' and कोशः - for 'a cell' or 'a chamber'.
- An encyclopedia cannot be a 'chamber of all'. It can only be a chamber of worthwhile/logical knowledge (विज्ञान). It cannot be a collection of mere opinions.
- In the first पठनशिबिरम् of Sanskrit Wikipedia, conducted at Calicut University, the term सर्वविश्वविज्ञानकोशः was used. Sanskrit scholars, M.Phil.(Sanskrit) Students and Ph.D.(Sanskrit) Students participated. (As श्रीमान् हेमन्तः says 'not thoughtless' participants. :D)
Please don't take 'opinion of many' in same organisation as a criterion while making a standard term for such a crucial word. Please..please..rethink, reconsider. Please don't make the term विश्वकोशः as a standard term. I am crying out baffled. Please have a discussion on that. [If you all are against the term सर्वविज्ञानकोशः, please give me a convincing explanation to say that the word सर्वविज्ञानकोशः is wrong, except its length. Long words are always there in Sanskrit]. What is wrong with सर्वविज्ञानकोशः? Hoping for the best of Sanskrit Wikipedia --नवीनशङ्करः (चर्चा) १८:४५, २२ फ़ेब्रुवरि २०१२ (UTC)
सं-वकि-जालस्थानं जनसामान्यानाम् उपयोगाय । संस्कृतसंवर्धनम् अस्माकं लक्ष्यम् अस्ति । अतः वयम् अत्र योजकत्वेन स्वेच्छया कार्यं कुवन्तः स्मः । परन्तु यदि सं-विकि-जालस्थानस्य नीतिप्रक्रियायां वयं भागं न वहामः चेत्, नवागन्तुकेभ्यः भ्रमाः उद्भवन्ति । नीतेः अभावात् पुरातनाः स्वच्छन्दतया निर्णयान् स्वीकुर्वन्ति । तेन सं-वकि-जालस्थानस्य अधिकृततायाः विषये प्रश्नार्थचिह्नं भविष्यति । अतः अहं विनतिं कुर्वन् अस्मि यत्, "विकिपीडिया:विचारमण्डपम्_(नयरूपीकरणम्)#लेखस्य शीर्षकम् एत्यत्र नीतिप्रक्रियायां भागम् ऊह्य स्वदायित्वस्य वहनं कुर्वन्तु" इति । ११:३१, २० जुलाई २०१४ (UTC)
Firstly I want to say that you are doing a magnificent job on editing Sanskrit Wikipedia. Well done!!
I reckon a scholar like you must have mastered the Sanskrit.
I have a proposition, as you have evidently mastered this beautiful language, I think you can put a Professional Sanskrit course on some online learning website like Udemy.com with a **price tag**.
Take a look at this course on udemy (udemy is quite famous amongst online learners like me):- https://www.udemy.com/selenium-real-time-examplesinterview-questions/ This instructor has 61,541 students and each student has paid 800 rupees. You do the maths on how much money he has procured from this 50+ hour course.
I hope that you will rise to this challenge and put a professional-50+ hour Sanskrit course there. I like many are waiting for a GOOD Sanskrit course which would takes us from novice to ninja level. शिव साहिल (चर्चा) १३:३०, २४ फरवरी २०१९ (UTC)